It’s Friday July 22, 2016 and here’s what we’re chasing in the newsroom.
- A woman in her 20s was rushed to hospital in serious condition following a stabbing on Princess Street near the Esplanade early this morning.
- Police are expected to update on the investigation into the shooting deaths of two people at an OVO-fest after party on the Exhibition grounds last year.
- A new study says alcohol could be linked to several types of cancers.
We could see record-breaking heat in the GTA today with a high of 36 degrees expected, feeling like 45 degrees with humidity. UV Index of 9 or very high.
- Westbound and eastbound on and off-ramps to Erin Mills Parkway northbound and southbound will be fully closed this weekend from 9:00PM today to 5:00AM on Monday.
- Traffic was being rerouted around the intersection of Lawrence Avenue West and Weston Road this morning due to a collision involving a motorcycle and vehicle.
- The Toronto Blue Jays face the Seattle Mariners at the Rogers Centre tonight at 7PM.
- The RBC Canadian Open continues at Glen Abbey Golf Club in Oakville.
- Beaches Jazz Festival is running several free events this weekend on Queen Street East from Woodbine Avenue to Beech Avenue.